I thought I'd post some tips for anyone who isn't a Battlefield veteran. These are just some things I picked up over the years playing Dice's franchise:
1. ALWAYS keep moving from point to point. When you capture a point move on to the next point and repeat. If you stick around too long you will most likely get outflanked.
2. When you die, check the map for locations of your team. For instance, if large portion of your team is moving into an objective from the East, see if you can spawn on a captured objective from a different direction. 90% of the time you can catch the enemy off guard in a flank. This is super effective.
3. The closest non-captured objective isn't always the best next target. Again, check your map. You might see enemy movement toward one of your captured objectives and need to move there to hold it.
4. The "Q" key is your friend. Spam the hell out that bitch lol. You'll also get points if someone kills a soldier or vehicle while you have it spotted.
5. Map knowledge is key. We're all in the same boat here until we play and learn each map. Dice will almost always have more than one (or two) pathways toward an objective. I watched a few YouTube vids on some of the maps so I was kind of familiar with them.
6. Use tanks as a distraction. Tanks typically bring a lot of enemy attention their way. If you see a friendly tank holding down a direction see if you can flank around the enemy and attack them from a different angle. This is also super effective.
7. In the same note as #6, use grouped up friendly troops as a distraction as well. This is especially the case in BF1 with the trenches. If you see a bunch of friendlies fighting in the trenches try to flank around.
8. Don't be afraid to retreat. If you peak a corner and see multiple enemies shooting your direction retreat back to cover. More often than not they will become super aggressive and rush you 1 or 2 at a time. I've won several firefights this way.
Defense is pretty self explanatory but for offense:
1. Don't rush in right away. Take a second, find some cover and scope into either of objective to see which one is more vulnerable to attack.
2. Once you manage to plant at an objective (and you are working with a squad), one of you needs to try to make your way to plant the other objective while the rest of your squad defends. One of the best ways to win Rush mode is to have both objectives armed simultaneously. Typically, when one objective is armed MOST of the enemy team will turn their attention away from the unarmed one.
I really don't know what the f*** is going on with this yet lol
Bolt Action Rifles
1. Manage your reloads / ammo. For instance, the starting rifle has 10 rounds. If you fire 5 rounds and reload, your character will do so with a full clip. Pretty fast. If you fire 4 rounds and reload, your character will place 4 additional rounds in the chamber individually. Not so fast. Sometimes it's best to burn an additional bullet or two to get a faster reload in the heat of battle.
2. There's also a sweet spot for each weapon type. These are mid-range rifles so I'd say between 40-60 yards will typically take 2-3 shots.
1. There is VERY LITTLE bullet drop in this game in comparison to past Battlefield games. The only noticeable drop is over extreme long range shots. For 95% of your shots put your crosshair on their face and fire.
Light Machine Guns
1. The longer you hold down the trigger the more accurate these things are (while standing or crouched). Do NOT burst fire them.
2. If you can, go prone which will automatically deploy your bipod. Makes these things shoot like lasers.
Tank Hunter (Special Pickup)
1. You can't shoot this thing while standing or crouched. You have to either be prone or bipod-ed next to a half wall or window.
2. At medium to long range this thing will one-shot foot soldiers and I killed a light tank last night in 2 shots (not sure if it was full health though)
When: Oct 8th at 8pm PST
What: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
There is still a thriving community of BC2 and we aren't part of it. Being that a lot of us met playing BC2, I think we should rekindle that fun and take a long walk down the beaches of Isla Innocentes and see if we still got it.
So reinstall and lets see if we can get a few people to squad up and ignore the objective, flip some tanks over helicopters, troll newbs in Dallas, and do that Filthy shuffle.
Few days ago i was banned from the DGC TS by Dubs, well today i was approached by them the create a topic to express my side of the story, so today im making this to express my feelings and stand point of the stuff i dealt with during the time frame of the last month and a half. Starting from the start of the time stuff started happening, i started hearing comments from dubs and phakin, expressing that i was annoying, childish, and immature, from my that point of time i tried to do better, i tried to talk less, and no ask questions, i just tried to play the game like anyone would, but when i asked a question, i would sometimes get a question but when dubs was around, i would get told to go look it up, to stop being lazy, and this is only because dubs was tired of bustacaps asking questions about the game, and not making a mental note of that. Whenever a subject was brought up, whether it would be, "What did you eat tonight everyone", to "Hey how do i make my item stronger", or even, " does anyone know what this random thing does", anyone would put their input in the subjects or questions, but when i commented on stuff, i just get called dumb, retarded, or a fool for not using google, pretty much hateful comments.
I understand you need a sense of humor to make and take a joke, and i do, but dubs made comments that were not a joke, not humorous, not funny, just straight out of the box hateful to any one he said them to. I bit my tonge for the entire time, sometimes i approached certain users, asking them to see if they could talk to dubs, or try to figure out why hes being hateful to me alone, Well after that, he started to be aggressivly agressive to me, Calling me out on stuff that regarded the game BDO, saying im play a game wrong, that i just skip through the content and miss out on stuff, and being in a hatful smartass tone to me, so i reply to it saying, i play the game the way i want to, it doesnt matter how i play, at least i have fun, well the days continue on. I kept hearing shit from dub mainly, calling me immature, and what not, NOT ONCE did he approach me 1v1, and talked to me, NOT A SNGLE time. What i trying to get to is that dubs for some reason has a flaming passion to hate mpersonally, and has always since i met him, and it comes down to it and hes expressed this many time, he does not like a younger person trying to fit into a group of older people, but what he doesnt under stand that i just wanted to play the game/games with a group of people, so i left to go on my dirthday trip to the beach for a week, let everything cool down in the process, i just come back to him still being hatful, so pretty much a few days ago i got tired of it and poked phakin to find out why he and dubs had me muted, he didnt reply, so over a few day i poked him 4 more time to find out, nothing. So the day i was banned i was talking to someone about something and bus and phakin just talked over me because i was muted, so i poke phakin one last time, saying "So do you and dub have me muted just to piss me off?", ithen dubs and phakin went quite for a bit then dubs makes the comment, and this is why no one likes you, so i make the comment, "Karduel do you like me?", and then dumbs kicks me from the ts with the reason of spamming pokes to DGC member or something like that, Well he kicks me another time right after i join, and so i leave the ts and i dont join anymore, i send sieze the messege saying" im done withthat group tired of the shit i put up with from them, and fuck dubs hes just a fat fuck", so i get permed by dubs for the reason, "Who's the Fat Fuck Now??? Deuces.....", Seems like after taking one hateful name the guy got upset, some maturity he has as a so called leader.... , so its whatever, my point stands here today, dubs, so what im 19, so what im younger than the people i played with, atleast at the end of the day i showed my maturity by biting my tounge and continued on with my day and not talked shit everyday to someone that you dislike, in the eyes of people thats maturity, but what you did was the real immature thing. Im done.